Thursday, June 11, 2009

Beretta

Last night I(Kelly) ate at Beretta with the girls which is in the same spot that Supper Club used to be in. We were seated downstairs which holds about 40 people if having a group event. Beretta does not take reservations so I arrived at 7:00 and it took about 15 minutes to get a table so not too bad. When we first arrived there was only 1 other table downstairs so we could hear each other speak which was a stark contrast to the main level which was packed by 7pm and very loud. Once downstairs filled up it was also very loud and they had music blaring in the background adding even more noise, so not the best place for a conversation. The food was good and very typical SF bistro food featuring pizza, risotto and a main meat dish. It was good not great. You can find similar food at many SF restaurants. While I liked the hip atmosphere, the noise kind of killed the experience and not sure I would go back. It does have a nice bar for grabbing food and people watching and I think if in the neighborhood or you are looking for late night food(open until 1am) it is a good choice, but I wouldn't drive across town just to eat at Beretta.

No comments: